To help provide food, shelter & clothing, offer safe space and comforting presence, listening ears to those in need and to engage in radical advocacy for victims of social inequality.
- fulfilling Matthew 25:34-40 through a variety of projects such as supporting foodbanks, providing school uniforms for children in need and working with underprivileged communities;creating safer spaces for the vulnerable, the lonely, the outsiders, the refugees and the destitute to be and to belong;
- hearing the cries of the oppressed, excluded, victims, of homophobia, racism, tribalism, sexual assaults, domestic violence and providing radical advocacy and hope;
- fostering a culture of inclusiveness in which Christ unites and transforms and where all are welcome;
- developing other projects in response to community needs.
How can you help?
- Are you a good listener and able to relate to people?
- Do you have any legal or advocacy experience on peoples' rights?
- Are you appalled by the poverty and inequality in our country and world and want to help make a change?
Then this could be your calling. We are looking for committed, compassionate disciples with a burning desire to help and encourage people across the Circuit to work for God's justice and peace alongside a dedicated Circuit Steward.